In honor of Valentine's day, I thought I'd list ten loves (besides my husband and children and family). Yes, I know that's quite similar to yesterday's post, but it never hurts to make more lists like these, especially when I don't feel so well (both physically and mentally).
My life is really kind of wonderful, I just have to make myself see.
So here it goes:
1. this house, the large garden and all it's potential
2. the view from this house
(I didn't say this would be new and original loves)
3. this silly cat, that makes our house just a little bit more like a home
4. my kitchen and all the things I (want to) make there
5. flowers! The one thing I do miss around here. Lots of green, but not too many flowers (most plants and trees bloom just for a few days).
I did plant
bougainvilleas (they bloom year-round), but they're struggling a bit. The desert rose is still going strong though (I've had flowers all year) and right now my aloes are blooming too.
6. laundry drying outside (year-round!)
7. weekend plans (happy hour, beach bbq with friends, some garden work and a lot of doing nothing)
8. papaya (not from my own trees yet, but I do love eating it - with a bit of lime juice)
9. blogging, because it helps me to think of happy things to share
10. you! because blogging is more fun when people are reading along