Goals for the week
Good morning! Hope you all had a great weekend. We did. I decided to shake things up a bit and move the weekly goals list to Monday (easier to prepare ahead, I'm all about making my blogging easier and more fun these days).
I did pretty well last week. I did underestimate the time it would take to shorten T.'s pants and resize my skirts, so I didn't get to make a purse. I did make a bag for my knitting. Posts about the hats and the bag will follow later.
Last week's list
✔ finish Christmas yarn hat
✔ finish dark gray hat
✔ work on cowl/showl (not finished yet, but I moved on to the shoulder part)
✔ make three skirts I bought at thrift shop smaller to fit into them (I liked them, but they are XXL - I'm S)
✔ shorten T.'s pants (three)
✔ make a bag/basket for my knitting (to hold current projects and bring them outside)
X make purse to use daily (bigger than the one I'm using now, smaller than the other one I have)
✔ organize fabric and yarn (The yarn wasn't much to begin with, but I'll show you the fabric tomorrow)
This week's list:
- cast on hat
- work on cowl/showl
- make purse to use daily (bigger than the one I'm using now, smaller than the other one I have)
- start quilt? (I like this one - I have a lot of blue cotton and could use a sheet for the white)
Since these lists work so well for my knitting and sewing, I thought I'd add work, house, garden and life goals too.
- work on novella (23.000 words, have to finish it this month, I am at 2.500 right now, hope to get to 10.000 this week)
- edit a new novel (just got that one in the mail - oh my, it's going to be a busy month)
- monthly taxes
- declutter and organize entry room (it's a mess!)
- paint (part of the) bigger bathroom (someone painted red over some graffiti, I have to paint it white before we can hang our medicine cupboard there).
- prepare chosen spots to plant shrubs and trees that are in containers now, but need to be planted
- work on clearing the part that one day will be my orchard/garden
- "sow" avocado (prepare the pit and hope for the best)
- sow kalbas (I hope the partly dried fruit I found has the right seeds)
- stay away from sugar (had a hard time with that lately, even though I know I can't handle it. Went through the whole detoxing thing last week -didn't have any sugar since Tuesday-, not willing to do that again soon, oy!)
- go for a swim often (daily would be ideal, but at least a two times this week)
- limit screentime (both computer and phone)
Let's see if I can get this list checked off. I try to remember that these are just goals, ideas, and plans. Fun to write them out, nothing lost if I don't get them all done. What are your goals for this week?
Wishing you all a bon siman, a great week!